Friday, December 12, 2008

After the Rain

Thursday was another day of blessed, soaking rain, pattering on the metal roof and bringing healing relief to our long-parched fields and woods.

At last, in late afternoon, the clouds began to roll away to the east where the setting sun tinted them with pink and rose and gold.



And then a moonrise -- just two days shy of full.

So much beauty.



No oil to read by . . .
I am off to bed
But ah! . . .
My moonlit pillow

An appropriate haiku by Basho (1644 - 1694), probably the greatest of haiku writers.

Go here for Kay Byer's lovely poem "Full Moon."
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris & Kaye sent me.
The pictures are so beautiful that I am especially happy to be the first person to comment today.

Vicki Lane said...

Welcome, Helen! Please contact me vicki_laneATmtnarea.net

Tammy said...

Lovely photos of beauty the last couple of days. I don't know if it's just I'm noticing more, or if the sunsets/sunrises have just been extra glorious this year. Thanks for sharing!
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Lol, Helen took cuts in line!!!

I think I'll make a trip to Borders! Congrats Helen!!

Yes, the pictures are lovely!

Pat in east TN said...

Beautiful photos, and ooooh yes, much welcome rain! *sigh*

Vicki Lane said...

Hey, Lisa, come back soon!

And Pat, we do love our rain, don't we?