About a month ago, this picture (not mine, alas) was making the rounds of Facebook. I posted it on my page where it prompted a string of punny comments -- mainly between Martin of Square Sunshine and me.
It was so much fun, I didn't want it to get lost so am posting it here -- with apologies to those of you who read it the first time. And if you're not a fan of truly bad puns, just keep moving -- nothing to see here.
It was Merry who started it....
- Merry Elrick - Lettuce make you smile!*
- Martin Hodges - Pepper to abandon ship!*
- Vicki Lane - But, alas, the captain was as cool as a cucumber and the doomed ship steamed on....*
- Martin Hodges - Even though the crew had used the last rocket*Vicki Lane - "Perhaps at last I'll get some peas,' thought the hen-pecked husband as he saw his nagging wife loaded into the last lifeboat.*
- Martin Hodges - She received many compliments, but they were wasted on her, as she was parsley deaf.*
- Vicki Lane - Good grief -- where does the time go! I must get out and pull some weeds. But before I leaf, I wanted to mention that though her hair was frisee and she was chilled to the marrow, Tara was recognized by a reporter on the rescue ship as RuPaul's infamous younger sister, Ru (wait for it) Barb.