Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Heat Wave and Blessed Relief


After a scorching Monday, we were braced for more of the same. Imagine our delight when a morning storm blew in, with welcome rain and overcast skies for the morning.


The watering I'd planned to do could be postponed for another day and we could enjoy being outside, watching for glimpses of the goldfish.


They are shy little boogers and Josie had my phone much of the time, so I got no pictures of them. But we spotted at least six of the dozen John added to the pool.


But, oh! the joy and relief of rain!


 

4 comments:

Marcia said...

Rainy days are always a nice respite from heat.

Barbara Rogers said...

It was just after I'd watered the porch garden, and my friend said I brought the rain by doing so! She wanted her car washed.

Sandra Parshall said...

Lots of rain up here -- regular thunderstorms with downpours. Nice for the new dogwoods we had planted in front of the house, and the grass is pure emerald.

Anvilcloud said...

That heat dome hasn’t reached us although it has become warm enough to engage the ac.