Saturday, May 22, 2021

Magic Numbers 6 and 10?


Authors are advised not to obsess over book reviews and ratings--i.e. stop checking the numbers on Amazon and Goodreads all the time. But I'm pretty delighted that Crows has hit 90 ratings (the stars thingy) and 44 reviews on Amazon--much better than any of my previous books have done.

I'd like to think it was due to the quality of the book--but I suspect my nagging reminding has something to do with it.

I'm hoping for the magic number of 50 for the reviews--supposedly that's the number that makes Amazon's algorithms sit up and take notice and perhaps begin recommending--as in, 'If you liked X, have a look at Crows!'

So, 6 more reviews --and just because it would be nice to hit 100--10 more ratings are the magic numbers in my head. And then I could stop obsessively checking.




 

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Good luck. It's a worthy book.

Barbara Rogers said...

I would love to write you a review, but alas, my Amazon account has only been able to use gift cards...of which I definitely take advantage. So it doesn't make me eligible to write reviews!

Marcia said...

It's the next book in my stack to read. I'll try to write a review on Amazon when I'm done. Never sone that before.