Friday, May 31, 2024

Summer Day at Meema's


Now that school is out, I spend all day with Meema or with Grandma. On Wednesday at Meema's, I did lots of things--seeing about the Castle People while Meema made the pancakes, watering the plants, and blowing bubbles.


I also brushed Bailey.


Her hair is very silky. I think she likes being pretty.


Then it was time to go up to my office (which is also Meema's work room.) I did some stuff while Meema did some ironing. She had four shirts and some napkins to iron. I helped with the napkins and with the shirts too. Shirts are hard. I don't have any clothes that that have to be ironed. My clothes are all nice and soft.



Downstairs in The Room, I had to see about the babies. It was Dolly's last day of school, and I had to get her up and fix her breakfast. Margo was acting like a brat as usual. She wanted pizza for breakfast and kept fussing because she couldn't go to the circus.



When Dolly got home, she wanted a puppet show. So I did that. Those babies are a lot of trouble, especially Margo.


Of course we read lots of books. I am really good at reading with expression. 

Then we made banana bread, using my great great grandmother's recipe. (I added some chocolate chips.)

It came out good!

                                                                                  

5 comments:

Marcia said...

Josie, what a full day you have there at Meema's.

Sandra Parshall said...

A perfect day!

Merisi said...

What a wonderful time was had by all, even the bratty one, I guess!

Off topic: Have you watched the movie "Perfect Days"?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_Days

Vicki Lane said...

I don't know that one but will check it out.

Barbara Rogers said...

A very sweet day with some very special people (including dogs and dolls of course.)