Monday, May 27, 2024

We Saw Dolly!

                                                               


On Saturday me and my mom and dad and a friend and her mom went to Dollywood! It is one of my favorite places EVER! And this time was extra special because there was a parade and DOLLY WAS IN IT!                                                  


(Of course, you know I'm talking about Dolly Parton. Everyone knows about her.)

We lined up to watch the parade. Everyone had signs about Dolly.

                                                  


My mama loves Dolly too.

Daddy had a sign too.


And then here came DOLLY! In a carriage all covered with flowers! She is BEAUTIFUL! And she looked right at me and waved!

I have always loved Dolly because when I was little, she sent me a book every month till I was 5. She does that for lots of kids because when she was little, her family was poor, and she wished she could have books. So now she makes sure that lots of kids can have books. 

She is like the Fairy Godmother to all of us.


8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That car and its decs are fab.

Barbara Rogers said...

Dolly Pardon is a woman that exemplifies rags to riches and give back to those where she came from! If only more millionaires would feel so inclined! It's also a fun amusement park, but I liked the animals more than the rides.

Sandra Parshall said...

What a great experience for Josie! And it's wonderful that she's learning about people like Dolly, who genuinely care about others and are making the world a better place.

JJM said...

I have major respect for Dolly Parton -- pure beauty inside and out. How could anyone not love her? And such splendid role model for Josie. (Well, for everyone, really.)

Merisi said...

I guess have have mentioned to you that I LOVE Dollywood! How wonderful that you had such a fantastic visit, seeing Dolly herself.
I have never ever again had such good Green Fried Tomatoes than the ones sold from a window in the Craft Valley. I still dream of them.

Vagabonde said...

So exciting for Josie to be there when Dolly was present. Here in Tennessee, Dolly is a goddess. You can get a TN license plate for your car with her name and photo on it.

I need to drive to Dollywood but it’s about the same distance from Nashville as going to my other house in Georgia, but in the opposite direction. Although a while back I was waiting in the car while my daughter was picking up my granddaughter from a birthday party. The house across the street had a lot of land with a horse I could see. I told my daughter that it looked like a nice house, and she says it was Dolly’s house! Unfortunately she was not outside…

Vagabonde said...

P.s. I forgot to say my daughter lives in Brentwood, TN, not in Pigeon Forge where is Dollywood.

Vicki Lane said...

I too have great admiration and respect for Dolly--but I've never been to Dollywood.