Friday, April 7, 2023

Extra-Special Grits


Once again my grandmother's cast iron skillets are called into use. They are so well seasoned that they are like Teflon and I can and do let them stand with soapy water in them --in this case to get rid of the fish taste.

Grits cooked with cheese, a skillet of onion, garlic, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and a tad of collard greens, and in a larger skillet, fried fish (flounder) and a few shrimp--all previously, rolled in seasoned flour, dipped in beaten egg, and then rolled in panko for a delicious crunch. 
 
Pile it all on the grits. Yum!

 

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Ive never had grits, and while I have probably looked them up from time to time, I manage to forget what they are. Have a good weekend.

Sandra Parshall said...

I haven't eaten grits in decades, but I ate them all the time as a kid. I like them almost swimming in butter.

Marcia said...

i never remember to make grits. Dan not a fan. my GA sons in law make it regularly. mw? im not cooking much from scratch with one hand.

jennyfreckles said...

I never did know what grits are. We don't have them here. But it all sounds rather tasty - and healthy too.