Friday, April 28, 2023

Four Seasons Backdrop


The backdrop for the upstairs Castle People is installed! 



It was a fun little project, trying to segue from one season to another in five different panels and to incorporate some whimsy, like the dragon and the magical bird..


I totally redid the center panel with the portal to another somewhere. A gnome snuck in.



Spring and white rabbits, a few Easter eggs, and a shy unicorn.


Summer and a Fool and a frog, both of whom could be princes. And, at Josie's request, an alicorn (winged unicorn.)

She lost no time in populating the new scene, carefully letting the figures choose which season they wanted to be in.

Next project, a new backdrop for the lower shelf. Another castle but this time Josie wants a tower with Rapunzel 'and really long hair' in it.

                                                                                    

3 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

What lucky castle people to live in such a beautiful landscape. I definitely like the new way to go through the portal. And I'd never known of alicorns, but I bet that's the first one with a rainbow tail! My Pegasus and unicorn hadn't yet mated I guess.

Sandra Parshall said...

I hope Josie realizes how lucky she is to have you.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Beautiful “fairyland” for Josie. Lucky girl! Have a grand weekend!!