Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Spring Break for Josie


I am on Spring Break this week! Yesterday I stayed with Meema. I showed her the fancy necklace my friend gave me. I also have a bracelet I made myself. 


Also I brought up Candy so she could play with the babies.


We read about a million books and I did lots of the reading. I also wrote my name in some of them and Meema was amazed because I used an apostrophe. I know lots of stuff because Mrs. V has taught us it in kindergarten.



Bailey came with us back to the room. We have to watch out because she steals stuff and chews it up.


I helped Meema with the laundry and brought the laundry basket upstairs so it could be my pirate boat. I put a cookie tray in front for a shield.


I also got one of Meema's walking sticks for a sword. I really need a pirate flag. 


Then I helped Meema make granola. We did some math too. The big measuring pitcher only holds 4 cups and we needed to measure 6 cups of oats. So we measured four cups and put it in the bowl and then Meema said How many more cups do we need to make six? She held up some fingers and I got the answer right away and we measured two more cups because 4+2+6. 

There was a lot more measuring and then stirring which is my favorite part.


 Then I had to spread the granola out on the cookie tray so it would cook. It smells very good and it has honey in it.

We did lots more stuff-- Meema made strawberry ice cream for me and I got out my tambourine and showed Meema what I have learned in music class. And I found a little book with no writing in it. Meema said it was mine, so I started to write in it but what I wrote is private.

It was a good day. And tomorrow I will go to Grandma's. 





5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

What a great day in the life of Josie as a kindergardener!

Sandra Parshall said...

She has a life filled with blessings.
Nice to get a glimpse of one of the cats, if only in the background! I hope Bailey isn't a menace to them, or to Jenny. What a full house you have!

Nan Emanuel said...

Somehow got lost from your mailing list. So glad I got to see Josie so grown up. Gee, even missing a few months is a lot at her age!

Cella said...

Josie is quite impressive. Knowing how to use commas is very important; as they are so frequently misused.

Cella said...

Oops, apostrophe. Elderly brain.