Wednesday, April 19, 2023

A Second Chance



As I was walking Bailey yesterday, once again I saw a Swallowtail on the bluebells. Once again, I did what I could with my phone (those pics are at the end.)  Then I took Bailey back in and got my camera.


Marvelous to say, the Swallowtail was still there. 
I

It wasn't the perfect early morning light of a few days ago--


But I'm happy for a second chance.


I think it's an irresistible combination.


And a couple of bees . . .




These below were with the phone-- in addition to the Yellow Swallowtail, there were a Spicebush Swallowtail and a Skipper, some bumblebees and some honeybees. The pic with the Skipper didn't come out, nor did the one with honeybees. But still...










 

3 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

Lovely pictures! It's such a blessing to see flowers and greenery and butterflies again. Our hummingbird feeder is out, but we haven't seen the birds yet, This is the time when they return, so it won't be long.

Barbara Rogers said...

Such pretty flowers...and oh they must be rich in nectar for all those wonderful little flying critters to partake of it. Great shots of them...especially bees, which I never seem to be able to catch with my phone camera!

Anvilcloud said...

Phones are so handy and convenient.