Sunday, March 6, 2022

Quel Bummer!

 


This is painful. But after a lot of thought and agonizing and after consultation with Justin and Claui, John and I have reluctantly come to the realization that we still don’t feel comfortable with the traditional big Easter Party potluck this year.

It’s disappointing, as the shop is back and better than ever for a party, but the Covid problem, though apparently not nearly as serious as the past two years, is still lurking.

While I am cautiously venturing out to a few book-related events, I still mask for the grocery store and such. There are people in hospital very sick with Covid and I don’t want to be one, nor do I want to provide an opportunity to spread this insidious thing. And Josie is not yet old enough for the vaccine—a very real consideration.

 Furthermore, many of the folks we traditionally rely on as helpers are not able to attend due to other plans or a reluctance to travel.

We are united as a family in wanting to continue the tradition and, while we considered a very scaled back version of the party this year, it just didn’t feel right. We want to bring back the party as it was. Well, maybe not with the perilous pinata of early days, but with the free and easy and inclusive spirit that made it special. So again, we’re saying Next Year at Wool Branch! Back with a bang not a whimper!

                                                                         

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Aw, that is too bad, but I understand. We're not doing badly here, but I am leery about going out for coffee although I probably will. We no longer have to show health passes to enter restaurants etc.

Marcia said...

Don't apologize for making a wise decision. Covid is still out there.

jennyfreckles said...

Sounds sensible, though sad. People here seem to be rapidly 'getting back to normal' with few masks in evidence. But the blooming virus hasn't gone away and I suspect our vaccine immunity is waning.

Barbara Rogers said...

Sorry that your party is postponed another year...surviving and thriving will be coming soon!

Susan Lane said...

SO sorry Vicki, but you all are doing the right thing. Even though I was vaccinated and boostered, I still got Covid in January. I think I caught it at my fitness center or Publix grocery store. I thought I was safe so I didn't wear a mask. I was hardly sick - would describe as a mild sinus infection. No fever and a cough at night that lingered about 2 weeks after I tested negative. The latest variety of Covid is highly contagious. Thank goodness I'm not immunocompromised or I might have been sicker ! According to Dr. Silverfield Im good for 6 months now and then I can have my fourth booster !

Your cousin Susan Lane

Sandra Parshall said...

You're doing the right thing.