Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Josie's Special Treat


Cynthia is a friend of Meema's and she has a drugstore. Now her drugstore sells ice cream! And it is right on the way home from preschool. Monday was the first day they were selling ice cream and Meema and I stopped to get some! Meema says soon they will have other fancy things like floats and sundaes (whatever those are,) because Cynthia want it to be a real soda fountain like the one her daddy's drugstore had long ago.

But now there are TWELVE flavors of ice cream and I got to choose two. I chose vanilla (my favorite) and chocolate (my other favorite.) Meema got mint chocolate chip which is my daddy's favorite (I do not like it.)


We sat outside to eat our ice cream because Meema said that there was NO WAY I could eat it in the car.  That was fine with me.

I am glad it is on the way home from school. Meema is too and she said special treats like this are what grandparents are good for.

Maybe I will try other flavors next time.


 

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I always get some sort of chocolate, like Rocky Road. Sue is more into the pralines and cream type.

Barbara Rogers said...

Twelve flavors to choose from! I seldom eat ice cream...the little container in the freezer is mainly frost by now. What fun to have a place becoming an old fashioned soda fountain again!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

If they have coffee flavor, I'd be interested. Far away, but interested! Lol.

Vicki Lane said...

Actually, coffee choc chip is my favorite-- I didn't investigate the possibilities. Next time.