Saturday, March 26, 2022

Book Club!


 I met with a book club in Weaverville yesterday and was delighted with the good company and interesting questions and observations. 

Since Crows came out in October 2020--at the height of the pandemic, I did no in-person stuff and only a limited number of Zoom appearances. Not good timing for introducing a book to the world.

Now, even though Covid is still a concern, I'm doing a bit more--the talk last Saturday, this book club, and I have several more in-person events on my schedule including (if nothing don't happen) the Carolina Mountains Literary Festival in Burnsville in September. That's a festival I've presented at several times and it was always a favorite. Fingers crossed that it happens.

As I told the book club, while I was disappointed in not being able to promote Crows more widely, I'm happy simply that it's out in the world--my love song and thank you note to the wonderful place I call home.

                                                   


 


4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It’s good to get out again, and I hope Crows continues to do well. Heather is coming in April for a few book talks.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see you out and about! Can't wait till you do your reading here! PS, I'm re-reading Crows to be prepared, and it's amazing how much I can forget in the time since it came out! Now what was my name?

Vicki Lane said...

Barb--I look forward to seeing you there!

Anonymous said...

Definitely a book that everyone in western North Carolina in particular should read. It totally enthralled me! Deana Blanchard