Saturday, January 23, 2021

Struggling with Technology


I am on a new laptop. The old one has multiple issues but I've been babying it along, waiting for the day I could go into a store, pick out a replacement, and turn it over to the Geek Squad to set up, as I've done in the past.

Alas, the battery/charger setup was growing more and more  temperamental-sometimes refusing to charge at all--and I have Zoom classes beginning next week. Plus I'm in the middle of editing a novel for a client. So I ordered online and now am in the throes of set up. My files are all in Dropbox so I can access them; I've got email and Facebook and Blogger working and down loaded some photos from my camera--now to transfer my email contacts. I know there's a way but I haven't  gotten there yet. 

Technology is not my strong point. Nevertheless, I will endeavor to persevere.

Update: Yikes! The email contacts transferred themselves. As if by magic!



 

7 comments:

Thérèse said...

I am sure you will be set up in a zip and ready to go for your classes.
🧐 💻

Anvilcloud said...

Congratulations. You seem to have overcome.

jennyfreckles said...

It's always a nervous time but these machines do a lot by themselves nowadays!

KarenB said...

Technology can either be a total pain in the neck or absolute magic. I got a new phone the other day as the old one died and to set it up, all I had to do was set it down next to my ipad and it just happened. Well, except for the connecting to my carrier - that I had to go to the store for. Good luck with the set up and the zoom class!

Barbara Rogers said...

Yay you...maybe I'll move more in that direction now. I've got an old laptop which I can't open...it doesn't seem to recognize the keys that I press...I'd like to get the files saved somehow. Many photos. Lots of junk too probably. My plan is to take it to the computer guys. Now maybe I'll plan as to when I'll actually do it!

Sandra Parshall said...

I have so many photos -- thousands -- that I created a Google Photos account and put them all there. I can access them from my desktop, laptop, and iPad. And the storage is free. My recently acquired Lenovo ThinkPad laptop is delightfully easy to use. I hated my clunky Dell laptop and gave up using some time ago. Not sure how to get rid of it. Maybe I'll just give it to Staples for recycling.

Sally B said...

I am thankful to have a tech-guy who helps us out. In the past he would come to our house when we had issues. Since covid he works remotely; I can download a program that allows him to "get into my computer" from his own. Quite handy. And quite reasonable $.