Saturday, January 2, 2021

A Lucky Dinner


Hey! It is me Josie on New Year's Day. My mama who is a nurse had to work and I stayed with Meema and Grumpy. We did arts and crafts and read books and played with stuff and took a nap. 

Meema fixed a special Good Luck dinner and my dad came up but Mama was on call till eight so we fixed some Good Luck food to take home to her after I had my bath and ran around like a Wild Thing.

The Good Luck dinner was collards and black eyed peas and rice and corn bread and barbecued chicken. I ate a little of the collards and peas and rice. I liked the cornbread that had bacon in it. Meema said that was not bacon but cracklings from the hog jowl.  But it tasted like bacon to me. 

I am saying HAPPY NEW YEAR to EVERYONE. Love, Josie.


 

6 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

Happy new year to you, Josie! And your whole family. I hope you all have a wonderful year. ❤️

Barbara Rogers said...

Love the rainbow hat, Josie! It's nice and warm today, so you probably don't need it. That is definitely a good New Year's meal. I had cornbread with some butter on it, nothing like bacon for me. Enjoy the new year!

NCmountainwoman said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Josie! I hope your good luck spreads all around.

Susie said...

Well happy new year 2021 to you too, sweet little Josie! May the New Year be so, so much better for all of us!!



Junk Journal Penpals said...

That looks like a yummy meal.
Happy New Year to all of you!

Thérèse said...

Lucky Josie!