Sunday, May 24, 2020

Praying--Mary Oliver




Praying

It doesn’t have to be
the blue iris, it could be
weeds in a vacant lot, or a few
small stones; just
pay attention, then patch

a few words together and don’t try
to make them elaborate, this isn’t
a contest but the doorway

into thanks, and a silence in which
another voice may speak.


― Mary Oliver, Thirst



Pay attention. Some of the best advice there is. 

The camera helps me do that.  Not just taking the pictures but editing them. It's like meditation for me. 

I lose my self down the throat of this iris.


3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You get an A+ for this: "I lose myself down the throat of this iris."

Sandra Parshall said...

❤️❤️❤️

Barbara Rogers said...

Beauty in those flowers...amazing structures and colors. I think I'm more likely to lose myself in the real flower than the editing...but you have spoken a truth for yourself, which I honor.