Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Oops, We Did It Again


Meet Bailey.


Yes, I said that Jenny would be my last dog. But as it happens, John is as big a fool for Border Collies as I am for hounds. So, when a neighbor called, offering him this four-year-old girl, John asked what I thought and (surprise) I thought we might as well. Depending on how she and Jenny got along.


Bailey had been kept in a dog lot, probably never been in a house, and was not leash-broken. But with persistence and a lot of dog treats, we got her inside. She smells Very strong, but we won't subject her to a bath just yet. Oh yes, and she's going to have to be spayed. 


After a couple of hours inside, she was much more at ease; she had met a cat (who said, Come on and make my day;) she and Jenny had met, and, while Jenny is less than thrilled, she has decided to ignore the new bitch. I don't think there's going to be a problem.

Being a Border Collie, Bailey's smart as a whip. By evening she'd adjusted to the leash and learned what Treat and Sit mean.


Bobadog, as aways, is a gentleman.


Jenny the brat is grumbling a bit, but I believe it will pass. She's still my dog while Bailey will be John's.


Gotta love those ears.


 

7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I think Bailey is in for a good rest-of-life.

Barbara Rogers said...

How lovely to have a border collie. She will be a nice addition to your menagerie!

Sandra Parshall said...

I hope she and Jenny will become friends.

Marcia said...

Is she trained to herd sheep? Will she have free rein outside like Jenny? You have a houseful!

Vicki Lane said...

So far as Ican tell, she hasn't been trained to do anything. I think she was used for breeding. In time she'll be able to go out on her own. She'll probably be a companion to John as Bob is.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

She reminds me of Duke. He was a grand dog, even tempered and fun to play with. He's been gone for a number of years now, but hard to forget. Enjoy! Cathy

jennyfreckles said...

How exciting - and what a lucky dog she is. I love border collies. A friend once told me that, if I was a dog, I'd be a border collie!