Friday, March 3, 2023

Josie--Author/Illustrator


There are a lot of cardinals at Meema and Grumpy's house so I painted a picture of one. First I drew an outline then I painted. It is not quite finished.


The last time I made a book, Meema wrote the words. This time I did all the writing. Meema told me how to spell the hard words. I thought MIYE was right but she said it should be MY. So I did it right on the other pages.





I love making books.


ME AND MY DAD ARE IN THE HOUSE. (I spelled MY right.)


ME AND MY MOM ARE ON A WALK.


ME AND MY DAD ARE OUTSIDE.


This is a book my friend Liz made. It is about a butterfly.


So I made a picture of a butterfly for Liz, to thank her for the book.

Also, while I was painting, I put a vest on my picture of Meema because she always wears a vest and a million sweaters because she thinks it is cold. I did not paint the sweaters.

                                                                                     

3 comments:

Marcia said...

She takes after you - writing books.

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad she added a vest for your pic! Sweet pics of birds, butterflies and her family!

Sandra Parshall said...

Aside from the fun of painting, this is a wonderful way for her to learn to write. She has stories to tell, and she needs WORDS to do that. She has the incentive to learn, and you have the patience and the time to guide her. She clearly has two fabulous teachers, the one at school and her grandmother.