Friday, February 17, 2023

Oh Joy!



These daffs are always the first to open. With their long trumpets and swept back petals, they herald a fast-approaching Spring.


Yes, I know it's too fast and these babies may have a freeze or snow ahead of them. But it doesn't stop me from feeling a surge of delight when first I see them.


Or from taking far too many pictures.


Only a few days ago I was taking pictures of moss--which has its charms-- but these shots of yellow are so nice to see.


Despite a plethora of crocus foliage, we have at present only this one modest bloom up here at the house. Too shady? In need of thinning? Probably. 


 

4 comments:

Marcia said...

Joy is right. No sign of even leaves breaking the surface here.

Anvilcloud said...

The ladies of spring. I’ll get back to you in a few months. We don’t have daffs on our little property. we start with the tulips. But I;ll see them around.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes indeed. I chase other people's daffies...which proves I'm also a bit daffy!

Sandra Parshall said...

Oh joy indeed! Our daffy have tall leaves and fat buds, but no flowers have opened yet. It won't be long! I look forward to a much better year, when I can actually spend some time outside in my garden. I have missed it terribly.