Saturday, February 18, 2023

Josie Spends the Day with Meema


On Friday I went to school but after a little while my tummy hurt and they called my mama who was at work and Mama called Meema and Meema came and got me. So I spent the day with Meema. (And I felt much better as soon as we got home.)


I decided to do some painting. Meema had picked a daffodil on the way in and she said why don't we paint that? She said she liked to draw things in pencil then paint them, so I tried that.  We both did. First I drew the stem, then the sticking-out part that is called the trumpet and then the petals all around.


I also put in the sky and sun and some grass. Then I painted a picture of Blue Elephant.

His trunk is a little hard to do.

 
I did a lion and a cat. Do you see that I know about apostrophes? The last time I was here, Meema told me how they worked, and I remembered all by myself to use them.


A few days ago, I did pictures of some of my Castle People. You can see the Indian girl and her long black braids. And down below are some of the ladies. Carmen and her red and black ruffled dress is in the middle.

Also we read books and I organized my Castle People and made Play-Doh lollipops. The only colors I had were white and yellow and very pale yellow. Grumpy chose a lemon lollipop and Meema chose pineapple. Nobody wanted the cauliflower one.

It was a good sick day. 
 

 

2 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I think creative things and reading have helped me through many a sick day!

Sandra Parshall said...

A good day, although it didn't start well. Her drawings and paintings are looking more lifelike these days. I'm happy she's making good progress on writing, and I hope she's learning to read on her own.