Friday, May 13, 2022

Where Did the Day Go?


I manage to keep up with meals and laundry--but sometimes I look back and wonder what kept me so busy all day.

Let' s see: Finished quilting the doll quilt that will be for Josie's birthday to accompany the doll bed John made for her; painted some birthday cards to accompany her presents; moved some more plants out of the greenhouse; potted up some parsley and basil for the front porch; pruned and tidied a bit in the greenhouse . . .


And just like that, it was time to fix dinner. I did spend a fair amount of time sitting outside and enjoying the flowers and the beautiful day. A necessity, I think, in this magical time of year.


 

5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

A fine day it was.

Marcia said...

But you still had time to write a blog post. I find that usually goes by the wayside unless I put it on my to do list. Flowers are lovely. We've had some high temperatures. Already this morning at 8:30 it's 70ยบ+.

Barbee' said...

Ahhhh... you did have important mental health therapy of working with your plants, touching the earth, and just savoring the views. And, you have white foxglove!! I always wanted white ones, but never found them that I could afford. After 32 years in my garden loving the smell of the earth, now living in an assisted living establishment enjoying yours vicariously. Thank you.

Barbara Rogers said...

Such beauties of nature! Glad you spent some time absorbing it! I have nothing planned for today, but I'm sure before I hit the pillow lots of things will take my attention!

Sandra Parshall said...

Sounds like a very busy day to me. I'm glad you took time to relax and enjoy your beautiful surroundings. I hope we'll see pictures of the quilt and doll bed. How fortunate Josie is to have creative grandparents who can make gifts that she will probably pass on to her own daughter one day.