Friday, May 27, 2022

Josie

                                                 

These are some thank you cards I made. One is a panda and some bamboo, and the other is a mouse. When people give you stuff, it is polite to send them a thank you card. I like making them too!
                                                                                  

                                                                                    
 The mouse also has flowers and a sun and sky. And fancy loops at the bottom.


Sandy sent me A BUNCH of acrylic paints for painting rocks. There are 24 different colors! Meema wanted me to start on paper so I could get used to all the colors and because they are different from watercolors like I have been using. 


Meema gave me a little palette she had and after we put some colors in the holes, she showed me how to mix white with a tiny bit of color to make pale pink or light blue and lots of others. You HAVE to clean the brush EVERY time you change to a different color, or the paints will get all muddy and there will be a Big Mess. So that is what I did.


I just had to try all the colors--this is not really a picture of anything. Meema said I am returning to my non-representational roots.  Then I decided to add some glitter glue to make it even prettier and she said that now I was doing mixed media. Meema is silly sometimes.




Next, I did a picture of my daddy. I got paint all over my arm and hands and we had to do some cleanup. Then I borrowed Meem's phone and took LOTS of pictures. Here they are.











3 comments:

Marcia said...

Josie is learning a lot from her Meemaw.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see more paints coming out! And Josie is taking some good phone photos...love your portrait with the light cutting from behind...that's a hard one for most of us!

Sandra Parshall said...

Josie is learning so much under your patient guidance. She's so lucky to have you as a constant presence in her life. I love seeing her using the ew paints. She really does have a good eye with the camera. If you have an Android phone, you can insert a tiny memory card that costs very little and will hold 32 GB or more of pictures. I had to do that so I can take more cat photos. 😄 For some reason the enormously expensive iPhones don't allow for expanded memory.