Friday, April 15, 2022

Promenade in Green


Spring comes walking over the mountains in her lacy shawl of green. 

Yesterday, on a day of unbelievable beauty I went to Black Mountain to give a talk on Crows. It was a fine audience, interested and asking good questions. I recognized several from similar events years ago. And best of all, my blog/FB friend BlackMountainBarb was there, as was Susan--a friend from many years ago. We took the opportunity to have lunch together after the talk and as we sat and ate and chatted on a lovely patio, surrounded by the greens and blooms of Spring, it was another reminder of life as it used to be. What joy! 


At this time of year, I always think of the late Kay Byer--onetime Poet Laureate of North Carolina.


We shared a love of the work of Garcia Lorca and of his poem Verde, Que Te Quiero, Verde (Green, How I Love You, Green.)


I was told once that my aura is green. As long as it doesn't imply seasickness or envy, I'll bear it proudly!


 

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Sue is having a green theme week on her 365. The trouble is that there isn’t much green here yet.

Barbara Rogers said...

Enjoyed your talk as well as lunching with you and Susan! Love the greens, coming right out of all those grey branches! Thanks for sharing!

Sandra Parshall said...

I love the mist of green on the trees in early spring. I am not a person who enjoys winter. Every spring is like an escape. We made it! We're free again!

Vicki Lane said...

I feel like that too, Sandy.

Marcia said...

So nice to hear you connected with Barbara R. and the talk went well. Greens as you shared above are maybe weeks away from here. The greenest thing is the grass.

Anonymous said...

Spring in North Carolina mountains. There's so much written about autumn and the changing leaves - and they are beautiful - but the lovely greens and emerging flowers of spring bring my favorite time of year. For me, nothing is more calming and peaceful as sitting beside a stream and/or waterfall, surrounded by shades of green. Ahhhh... The color green signifies change, new beginnings, peace and hope, all of which the world desperately needs right now.