Monday, April 25, 2022

Bisy, Bisy


Just don't know if I can stand the pace! After several years when my calendar showed nothing, not even a doctor's appointment for months on end, things have picked up considerable.


We had friends here for lunch on Friday and on Saturday. Catching up after such a long hiatus is wonderful. I recognize that it would be all too easy to slip into total recluse mode--I've already got the look and I've never been especially social anyway. But when I know more about my FB friends than my local friends, well, probably time to get out of my safe zone.


Josie was with me Friday and Saturday afternoons as well as a sleep over Saturday. I had some recent reading to write about, but sleepovers don't leave time for that--there's dinner, bath, and bed. Thus the BISY. BACKSON notice yesterday ( a quote from The House at Pooh Corner--more of my recent reading.)


Amidst all these distractions, I've been able to sit on the porch while Josie does play dough and marvel at the trees as they leaf out so rapidly you can see the change almost hourly. They are magical beings and as our pastures on the mountain continue to turn to forest, I console myself that we are re-wilding and helping the poor besieged planet. 


 

5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I think you’re right in that in some ways we know our online friends better than out real-life friends. We ‘see’ them more often anyway. And we learn about them in different ways too, often deeper, I think. It’s strange really.

Barbara Rogers said...

So great that you're reforesting the land...which is how these old old hills would be naturally, I'm thinking.

Sandra Parshall said...

Letting the trees grow is always a good thing. I have often wished I had tons of money and could buy wild land just to keep it that way. As for sweet Josie, enjoy her while you can. When she starts real school, her life and yours will be very different.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

So true about keeping up with FB friends more than face to face. I'm friends with my husband's side of the family as well as mine on FB. He doesn't do FB, Twitter, he doesn't blog or any of that. Consequently, I am always letting him know all the family news. :-)

Nan Emanuel said...

You are indeed a breath of fresh air in my life this morning. You always provide me with a bit of a chuckle or twang of sentiment deep in my heart. Thanks for being YOU!