Monday, April 18, 2022

Bunny Report from Josie


The Easter Bunny was here!


I left him the eggs we dyed and some carrots. He hid the eggs and ate the carrots! 


See the empty bowl? That's where the carrots were.

 On the night before Easter, I had a sleepover at Meema and Grumpy's, and Meema told me that the Easter Bunny is like Santa and doesn't like people watching him so we had to stay in bed till 7 in the morning in case he was working late.  I said that I would and then I had a dream about Santa and the Easter Bunny and I was there and so were Mama and Daddy and Meema and Grumpy.

We got up at 7 and got dressed and went in to see what he had left. There were books and jelly beans and a chocolate bunny and a stuffie bunny.


The bunny is brown and white and very soft. I named her Hopsy. BUT--when I turned her over, what do you think? There was a zipper on her tummy and I unzipped it and inside were two little bunnies and a carrot! I named the little bunnies Flopsy and Mopsy. They are so sweet!

Mama and Daddy came up and after they saw what the Easter Bunny had left me, we went outside to see if he had hidden my eggs. He had and I found one right away!


They were all over the place! One had tiny baby slugs crawling on it but Meema wiped them off for me.


After the egg hunt, we went back in for grown up breakfast. I had already had chocolate chip pancakes while Meema was cooking.


There were sausages and strawberries and orange juice and popovers and a cheesy egg thing with ramps. Meema has a little ramp patch out back. I do not like this breakfast except for the strawberries and popovers.

(Otter threw up on the floor while we were eating. But Daddy cleaned it up right away.)

After breakfast Mama and Daddy and I had another egg hunt then we went home. I think we will have some egg hunts down there.


 

7 comments:

Marcia said...

She has a grand time at your house

Barbara Rogers said...

I love the bunny with babies! What a delightful day for the family...I'd sure eat the ramps in the egg thingie. I've never had one, but I imagine them somewhat akin to onions or garlic, which I certainly love, especially cooked. Happy Easter Monday, whatever that means. It seems to be another holiday here-abouts.

KarenB said...

Cheesy egg thing with ramps sounds delicious! As does the rest of the meal. Happy Easter to all y'all!

Sandra Parshall said...

What a great Easter! Everybody had fun except poor Otter. Did he eat an egg?

Vicki Lane said...

Otter ate not an egg but something disgusting. She felt better after getting rid of it.

jennyfreckles said...

Sounds an ideal Easter - love the bunny and babies. How sweet.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Santa and the Easter Bunny. Such an imaginative dream, but . . . what a great idea for a picture book. One that would have two seasons!