Thursday, September 16, 2021

Cherishable


The air is cooler and leaves are beginning to drift down. Now, as the summer flowers fade, I find myself cherishing the ones that remain--the Gergera daisy from the grocery store. . .


The Mother's Day fuchsia from 2020 that, after a bit of fertilizer, broke forth in bloom. (It feels like a miracle--I've never had a fuchsia come through the winter in the green house--they usually succumb to whitefly or something.)


The elegant edges of a curled up morning glory . . . the patches of sunlight hiding in the perennial begonia . . .

So much to cherish.


 

4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

As the flowers, so are your words.

Anvilcloud said...

Awww ... nice post and pics.

jennyfreckles said...

Little gems, all of them.

Marcia said...

I'm wondering how I can winter over a begonia I got this year on Mother's Day. No greenhouse here. Maybe one day. I wonder how it will do in the cellar next to a window?