Friday, February 12, 2021

Second Shot!

 


And oh! the relief! Not that we'll be doing anything differently for fourteen days. But I find myself thinking about maybe a haircut. . . getting my teeth cleaned . . . doing the grocery shopping . . . (John's been doing that during the early senior hours.) And I might just drive around taking pictures. . .

 I feel like these venturesome daffodils, poking their heads out from last year's leaves.

In time, we'll get together with friends. Someday I'll feel comfortable taking Josie to a playground. 

But it's nice to find how little I've missed 'normal' life. We rarely ate out anyway and almost never went to movies or concerts. And I've come to really enjoy the convenience of my Zoom classes. Of course, not going anywhere is easy when you live exactly where you want to be and can see for miles.

Again I must commend our county health department. So organized--the whole thing took a little over twenty minutes, including the mandatory fifteen minute wait after the shot.


7 comments:

Thérèse said...

Just being able to move around without having to think Covid.

Anvilcloud said...

Good for you. As you know, we will waiting for awhile, but health carers and seniors in residences are in the process.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Great!! Got my first one this week and the 2nd in March. Feel so lucky! And I'm hoping my daffodils don't try to peek out yet. It's 22 degrees here today! Have a Happy Valentine's day!

KarenB said...

Glad to know you've gotten yours! I wish NJ were as buttoned up about it as NC. We have no idea when we'll be able to get even our first shot.

Barbara Rogers said...

Congrats to you! You're my first friend to have completed (that I know of). I'll be doing the same in 2 weeks. Don't know how long after that I'll continue to wear masks...probably till someone tells us we don't have to wear them any more. Won't that be nice! Yes, you have some great goals to look forward to. I've been out and about much more than I wished this week.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Congratulations on getting both shots. We haven't gotten ours yet, as we are planning the move to Portugal and we have to have a negative Covid test to present on boarding. That's one concern (Will the shot leave enough in our system to turn the test postive?) A second reality is that there isn't time enough to take both shots at this end, so we feel we're better off just waiting. Meanwhile, I'm so glad for you that you've gone through the whole process. It really MUST be quite a relief.

I was interested that you haven't felt too limited or deprived by the stay-at-home requirements. My husband and I haven't either. We're very into books and our computers, reading up on everything, and always have been. That plus evening news. We take our walks, and occasionally we eat out (in outdoor dining scenarios), but for the most part, staying at home has been pretty normal anyway. And we discovered the pleasure of Zoom visits!

Love your daffodils.

katy gilmore said...

Yay Vicki! Big (and rare) snowstorm cancelled vaccine clinic for people here today. Feel bad for them. Hopes temporarily dashed. Another day. Glad for you.