Thursday, February 18, 2021

Josie 'Reading' The Lorax


I read part of The Lorax by Dr. Seuss to Hamsie. It is my favorite book. It is Hamsie's too, and he read with me.

This is what I read:
 "At the far end of town where the grickle grass grows,
And the wind smells slow and sour when it blows,
And no birds ever sing excepting old crows
Is the street of the lifted Lorax.

And deep in the grickle grass, some people say,
If you look close enough you can still see today
Where the Lorax once stood, as long as it could,'
Before somebody lifted the Lorax away."



The Castle People are lined up for a finale. Next they will take a bow.


I am drawing trees. First you draw the trunk, up and down, up and down, and then you make a big scribble circle for the leaves. Mine are not just brown and green but all different colors. I also did a sun and them Meema and I wrote my name. I did the O and the I and she did the J and the S and the E.

Then I drew water and sand and Meema put in the sandcastle and some shells. We work together.


I like to check on my size. I am not four yet but my dress is a size five. 


Now it is time to do some baking. I am rolling out pizza dough. When it is ready, I will put on the toppings--spicy tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, goat cheese, chocolate cake, and sprinkles. Grumpy does not like goat cheese so I will not put any on his part.


3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

What a clever girl!

Barbara Rogers said...

A very busy day...mmm, that pizza sounds delicious. I would definitely join the castle people in listening to Josie read her story!

Sandra Parshall said...

She never seems bored inside on these cold days. Her wonderful imagination must keep her occupied, but I'm sure she longs for warm weather and some time outdoors.May we all have that soon!