Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Josie Has a Sick Baby


Baby Margot is a little sick but I am taking care of her. I am her mommy and I am also a doctor. And a nurse and a princess and a magician.


She was crying a lot so I am rocking her.


And I sing her a lullaby. She is starting to fall asleep.


I put her in her bed very carefully so I have a minute to see about Llamallama. He needs attention too but all of a sudden Margot is crying again.


I fix her some warm oatmeal and she eats it up.


Then I take her for a ride on Philly and also I read her a book. She can be so cranky! But at last she is sleepy again.


Carefully, carefully I put her back to bed and I put my parasol over her to keep the sun out of her eyes. (It is very bright in The Room in the morning.)

Now I will tiptoe away and go play with stuff in the living room. It is hard work being a mommy.

 

4 comments:

Marcia said...

Don't you love the convoluted stories the young ones make up? She's a charmer.

Barbara Rogers said...

Excellent job of nursing your little one Josie. Since your own mommy works caring for sick people, she probably has given you some good hints in dealing with crying sick babies. Of course you (Josie) haven't ever been crying and sick...I hope. Compassion is very important!

Sandra Parshall said...

Her emotional range is extraordinary for a three year old.

Thérèse said...

This blog has to be be recorded for Josie when she is a grown-up.