Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day . . . and the Winner Is . . .

April showers have ushered in May flowers. Everywhere I turn, there's something beautiful -- from an early Rosa Rugosa bud to the single silken flower on my treasured tree peony. . .

. . . that opens to reveal its complicated interior tangle of golden stamens.

Posted by Picasa

. . . as the white coral bells on the lily of the valley spread their seductive scent on the Spring breezes.

A Happy May day to all!

The winner of the quilt book is Willow -- who should email me with her snail mail address.

My email is


TheWritersPorch said...

Vicki....we think alike! Your May flowers brought on by April Showers are beautiful!

Congrats Madam Willow! The book is a treasure, you will love it!

willow said...

Oh, my GOSH!!! Vicki!! I've got goosebumps!! I did a double take when I read my name. I am so excited! Thank you, dear friend.

Vicki Lane said...

I'm pretty sure May is my favorite month here in the mountains -- so many flowers!

And Willow -- the book will be on its way in a few days!