Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day . . . and the Winner Is . . .



April showers have ushered in May flowers. Everywhere I turn, there's something beautiful -- from an early Rosa Rugosa bud to the single silken flower on my treasured tree peony. . .



. . . that opens to reveal its complicated interior tangle of golden stamens.

Posted by Picasa

. . . as the white coral bells on the lily of the valley spread their seductive scent on the Spring breezes.


A Happy May day to all!














The winner of the quilt book is Willow -- who should email me with her snail mail address.

My email is vicki_laneYOUKNOWWHATGOESHEREmtnarea.net

3 comments:

Carol Murdock said...

Vicki....we think alike! Your May flowers brought on by April Showers are beautiful!

Congrats Madam Willow! The book is a treasure, you will love it!

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh, my GOSH!!! Vicki!! I've got goosebumps!! I did a double take when I read my name. I am so excited! Thank you, dear friend.

Vicki Lane said...

I'm pretty sure May is my favorite month here in the mountains -- so many flowers!

And Willow -- the book will be on its way in a few days!