Friday, April 26, 2024

A Great Library Visit!

                                                                            


On Wednesday we went to the library. The library bears had on new summer clothes, and I had to hug them.

                                                                                       


Then I returned my library books. We try to take good care of them and not get them mixed up with my own books.


I picked out some more books and then I played with the castle for a while. There was just one very little kid there and he didn't want to play. But then, guess what! One of my best friends and her mother came in! We went out to the playground at once.


We ran around and did the slides and climbed on things. Then I tried the monkey bars and guess what! I swung all the way from one end to the other! That is the first time I have done that, and Meema was amazed. She said I must have very strong arms. (I do.)



Then my friend and I did some puppet shows.


Puppet shows are more fun with two people.

And with a great big dog! (He is not real. He is a stuffie.)

We stayed at the library till almost five o'clock. I loved getting to spend time with my friend. She was in my kindergarten class last year but this year she is in a different first grade class. But we are still best friends.




5 comments:

Thérèse said...

Who can think of a better day for a little girl?

Sandra Parshall said...

That looks like a great library for kids. I don't know of any library around here that caters to kids that way.

Vicki Lane said...

It's amazing! Lots of toys all around, Legos, trains, tables with paper and coloring books and crayons, a hopscotch grid on the floor between bookshelves, plus they have lots of programs for kids all all ages. And of course the playground. This library was named Best Small Library in America a few years back. Outside it has nature trails and a butterfly garden and lots of native plantings.

Sandra Parshall said...

I can see why it won that honor. It's a treasure for kids, and I'm so glad you live near it and Josie can visit it often.

jennyfreckles said...

The joy of friendship - at any age but especially in 1st grade. Looks a really good library.