Sunday, December 19, 2021

Yuletide Cards



I decided to indulge my passion for watercolor by making our own Christmas/Yule cards.  I came up with a design and made a rough template to speed the process. I ink the outline then add color. . .


Thirty-some cards later and ten or so to go, I haven't gotten bored with the process. Something about repeating the same design over and over (with some tiny variations) is a learning process--learning more about which brushes and which colors work best in certain situations, learning how little details can improve the picture. Or maybe I'm just easily entertained.

                                                                                           
 

7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That is dedication, but in the spirit of the season.

JJM said...

That is a brilliant card and will utterly delight all those who receive it. (And who, if they are wise, will frame it to take out each Yuletide to come and give it a place of honour on their mantlepiece.)

Barbara Rogers said...

How fun, and I love your design! Glad you enjoyed making them!

Sally B said...

I'm impressed you can make a ram look so joyful! 🥰

Sandra Parshall said...

Hand-painted cards are a treasure and everyone will love them.

Marcia said...

Those are really nice ones. I make mine too but set up an assembling line with paper and stamp sets once I settle on a design. I made two designs this year. Alas - no photos taken.

GPearson said...

WOW! I love it! Merry Christmas!