Saturday, December 18, 2021

Holiday Color

Yesterday was my day for finishing the Christmas decorations and, by gosh and golly, they are done.


They are somewhat reduced from past years: a smaller tree, no evergreens going up the stairs, and a number of things I used to put out that I dassent, due to Jenny's love of chewing up stuff. The Christmas presents are in that category, so they are upstairs for now.


But it feels like Christmas, in spite of balmy temperatures. All that's left is to finish my Christmas cards. I know a lot of folks have abandoned this practice and I can certainly understand the reasons. But somehow, after two years of Covid precautions and not seeing many people, it seemed like something I wanted to do--a small way of staying in touch.

More about those cards tomorrow. . .


 

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Looks good. I love the lights going up the stairs, even without he evergreens.

I live "dassent" eevn more although I would spell it differently. 🤣

Barbara Rogers said...

How truly beautiful!

Marcia said...

I still make and send Christmas cards. Never get back the number I send out and my list does get smaller each year. Love your blue door. I have a door in the barn I want to put in the garden painted blue. Now with no fence I don't know where it will go.

Anonymous said...

I am loving the act of making cards!