Monday, December 6, 2021

Comfort Cooking




 A taste of home with black beans and rice, Tampa-style and Conecuh sausage from my paternal grandfather's county of birth in Alabama. (Also, a big salad with Romaine. green beans, and tomatoes so the meal was reasonably healthful.) I know I've talked about these foods before, but it's been a day of tedious chores and I haven't anything new to say about pushing a vacuum cleaner.

And to my everlasting regret, I didn't get a picture of Josie when she and her Daddy came up for a very brief visit, accompanied by the with puppy. Claui  had fixed Josie's hair in two braids, and she was adorable. Made me think of Pippi Longstocking. But the chaos that ensued as Otter and Jenny played underfoot drove all thoughts from my mind. Perhaps another time. I could braid her hair myself, but Josie always says, "My mother does my hair."



1 comment:

Sandra Parshall said...

"My mother does my hair." I love it! Her mother also dresses her so beautifully. The braids will reappear, and maybe a quiet moment will give you a chance for a pic. Hope today is more relaxing! But with all that dog hair awaiting your vacuum...