Tuesday, August 13, 2024

The Lantern's Dance

                                                                         



This latest entry in the ongoing saga of Mary Russell and her rather older husband Sherlock Holmes (yes, that Sherlock,) is a pure delight.  The eighteenth in the series, it's a delightful puzzle, weaving together past and present while unravelling some old family secrets.

I highly recommend the entire series. While this novel can stand alone, it will be especially fulfilling for those who've followed the adventures of ths unlikely duo of Russell and Holmes.

As always, King's writing is intelligent and lively--fully developed characters, well-drawn settings (India and France), and a twisting, teasing plot with an ending to satisfy--and intrigue. 

Great fun!

4 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

Sherlock Holmes is leading multiple lives in many mystery series. He's all over the place. 😄

Barbara Rogers said...

I do adore Laurie R. King's books about Sherlock and his wife!

Vagabonde said...

This sounds like a good book. I’ll make a note of it.

I have not checked my blog in a while and just did. All the info on the right of my blog is gone. It just shows the post, nothing else. I haven’t touched it. Do you know what could have happened?

Vagabonde said...

I left it open and it came back, just my photo is gone, on the side.