Saturday, August 24, 2024

Salade 'Week-End'

                                                                          


Yesterday I was still a little hung-over from the excitement of the convention and the unusual for me late night. 

After cleaning and reorganizing the refrigerator--a terrible smell caused by a hidden plastic bag full of the liquid remains of a forgotten squash made it necessary--I realized that there were some other veg on the edge and what I needed to do was make a salad for dinner.

I had a good start with a simple potato salad I'd made the day before with some extra boiled potatoes--just added a bit of mayo, dill weed, and chopped celery and onion.

A bed of Romaine lettuce, the potato salad, tomato wedges, sliced cucumber, ditto onion, leftover cooked green beans, a little salt, a drizzle of olive oil and white balsamic vinegar and the fancy touch of a handful of shrimp, sauteed in a little butter and Sriracha sauce came together to make this not-quite Salade Nicoise.

Some ciabattas toasted with garlic butter and a glass of white wine made for a rather elegant summer supper.

And now for an early night.




3 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

Looks delicious.

Marcia said...

For me it's potatoes going rotten in the corner cupboard. Salad sounds really delish.

JJM said...

I so envy people who can just throw things together like that. I can manage substitutions and tweakings, but generally always need some basic recipe to build upon ...