Friday, June 14, 2024

Dragonflies

                                                              

The photo above is an old one-- I blogged about it HERE.    I took it in the garden a long time back. I'll never duplicate that luck, but I continue to be fascinated by dragonflies and spent some time by the goldfish pool trying to get some close ups.

                                                       


This one, with the semaphore wings is, I think, a young White Tailed Dragonfly. The tail is all white on an adult.


And this metallic beauty is a Blue Dragonfly. I'm not sure about the one below . . .

I welcome more information on these critters. 

                                                                         




3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I admire almost any photo of these elusive critters.

Sandra Parshall said...

Vicki, FB has three groups devoted to dragonflies, but you're probably more likely to get real information about the creatures by reading a book.

Thérèse said...

Such an exceptional take Vicki.
For the "connection game" I'll have to wait for the answer to be sure that I well understood).