Friday, June 28, 2024

Rhinoplasty Needed


In what Claui called 'an unfortunate series of events,' Josie's beautiful rhino, crocheted by her Aunt Aileen, was the victim of two too- playful dogs. 

I don't crochet so I asked Aileen for advice. How to prevent unraveling and loss of stuffing is the first consideration. Then, how to make Rero/Rere? look better.

Aileen to the rescue! She will crochet another flower which I can affix, after taking care of the preventative measures.

Speaking of dogs, it was Otter and Domino who perpetrated this badness. Meanwhile, closer to home, my bad Jenny pulled one of two unbaked strombolis off the baking sheet I'd foolishly left on the counter while waiting for the stove to preheat. I'd gone to set the table (we had folks coming for lunch) and returned to the kitchen, thank goodness, in time to save the second one from going the same way.  Fortunately, the one stromboli was enough. 

She was not repentant.



 

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I am happy to meet dogs in passing, but I might find it difficult living with them.

Barbara Rogers said...

Poor ole (almost new it looks like) Rero! Shame on doggies. They should have a time out...but of course they have no concept of what they've done. Except the kitchen incident...caught in the act!

Sandra Parshall said...

Aileen to the rescue! The beautiful rhino will look good as new -- and I hope Josie will store her on a high shelf. 😀
Maybe Otter and Domino need some old stuffies they can happily tear apart with no repercussions.