Monday, January 17, 2022

New from the New Shop


As Josie no longer sleeps in her little bed and keeping her many toys away from Jenny is difficult, I asked John to make a toy chest to go at the foot of the bed.  I love the way it turned out! (My color choices--John likes the blue but is tactfully silent re the interior red.)


It will also be a handy place to sit and put on my socks. Or gaze out the window.


Safely stowed and awaiting Josie. I look forward to hearing her reaction. She knew I was getting rid of the bed but hasn't seen this new addition.

I look forward to reclaiming some of my bookshelf


Yes, we have snow. I'm writing this around noon on Sunday and, though it's stopped for the moment, there is said to be more on the way. 

Jenny is reluctant to leave the porch (though later she and Bob went with John to feed the chickens and she had a great frolic.



 

5 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

The chest looks charming, and I'll bet Josie will like the red interior. Snow! I haven't seen snow for years! While I don't like to be cold, snow still holds some magic for me.

Anvilcloud said...

I confess to liking the red, but I am a red sorta guy. I think we may have the same amount of snow this morning, but it is still coming down.

Sandra Parshall said...

That's a marvelous chest for Josie! I love the colors and I think Josie will too. Of course, we want to see her reaction to it.

Barbara Rogers said...

Gorgeous chest! A granddaughter should be very proud her toys can live inside it. At first I thought of cedar hope chests that were holding blankets in my parent's and grandparent's Texas homes. They smelled so lovely when opened. My grandfather made one for my mother as well as for his wife. Beautiful planks of cedar! I digress. Have fun with dogs and Josie!

Marcia said...

That is a lovely chest.
Not sure our amount but snow started after midnight on Sunday and kept coming until after lunch.