Saturday, March 20, 2021

What's Going On Here?


Yesterday when Josie and I were reading her new High Five magazine, we came to the craft project.  She always wants to do the craft project of the month but we don't always have the right supplies on hand. This time we did! Mostly.


We didn't have photos of people that I was willing to cut up and we didn't have  a cache of plastic lids--so we improvised. I would draw faces and we would scotch tape them to the craft sticks.


(As you can see, Herself was truly styling. "I look like a teenager," she told me.)


Here are the people we made: Josie, a centaur (her request,) Medusa, and A Guy Medusa turned to stone (also her request.) 
She was delighted with them and told me that she isn't afraid of Medusa because Medusa is silly. (Later she told me I was silly, like her daddy.) 


Soon, the centaur and Medusa were having a fight. The centaur is a Good Guy.

"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."  Neil Gaiman




 

4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Making new creatures is great, and having created them, to give life right then and there, voicing for them, moving them in interactions between them, ah make-believe is alive and well in your household! Now I wonder how I can do such in mine...

JJM said...

What a delightful day you had! And how wondrous that a child not yet of school age already holds Medusa and centaurs in her mind.

Sandra Parshall said...

Her imagination is marvelous. She might become a novelist one day.

katy gilmore said...

I loved the Gaiman quote!