Saturday, March 13, 2021

I Can See (a Bit More) Clearly Now


The willow is clothed in pale green 


And it's looking like spring,



So, of course, I'm washing windows.


In this case (the kitchen,) washing windows involves moving stuff, washing it before putting it back, and cleaning up all the crud that had accumulated under the table. 

 

The kitchen windows are the age of the house--forty-six years old--and I can't do anything about the fogging between the panes. But at least they and the knick-knacks thereon are clean now.

The dining room windows are a bit newer and clean up nicely, though in order to avoid having to drag a ladder t the deck below, I have to perform some weird contortions to get the both sides. But it's done, just in time for the rainy days ahead. 

Now maybe I can play with my watercolors.

 

5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

The foggy window is a bit arty, but that other window looks great, although I am ignoring the cleaning supplies. :)

Barbara Rogers said...

Good work, and now *or then" let your artistic child out to play with watercolors!

Thérèse said...

Yea! Yellow colors will probably be used for your new watercolors. Cleaning windows is an art that I don't want to learn...

Sandra Parshall said...

Have you tried recaulking your foggy windows? Do it after a string of clear, preferably sunny, days, when there's no moisture between the panes. Run a line of caulk around both sides of the panes to keep moisture from getting in again. Maybe your son the builder would do it for you if it would involve using a ladder on the outside.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

For some reason, it always feels so good to complete a cleaning task, doesn't it! Your windows do look good. I'll look forward to seeing your watercolors. On another note, I especially liked that first picture of leaves just misting on hte trees. The first unfuling always makes me think of green mist, and that's when I start feeling that spring is truly coming. Have a great day.