Sunday, December 6, 2020

The Time is Here


 The first snow and the first Christmas cards have arrived and it was time. I spent yesterday stripping off the autumn pillow covers and taking down seasonal decor. For a break, I sat at the computer and did some gift shopping.  Still to go, hanging up the red and green quilts, putting up lights and Christmas decorations, wrapping some gifts, and doing Christmas cards.

The tree won't happen till maybe next weekend or even later.

It's going to be a much quieter holiday as we are staying very much in the bubble of just us and Justin, Claui, and Josie. But we need the lights and the traditional accoutrements, I think, now more than ever.

4 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

You have all you need for a wonderful season. Merry Christmas to everyone! ❤️

Barbara Rogers said...

Have a great time decorating! I pushed myself to open one of the tubs of decorations and pulled out 2 wreathes. They are outside on each doorway...and that's all I felt like doing. I have some presents now to wrap. Otherwise, I'm just surviving.

jennyfreckles said...

I’ve written my cards. There isn’t much news to share but it feels even more important to keep in touch with people. Apart from that I won’t do much. There’ll be no one visiting, though I will see my family sometime over Christmas.

katy gilmore said...

I’m with you Vicki! I’m so happy to have the tree - like a beautiful cheerful visitor to our house!