Friday, December 25, 2020

Happy Holiday!!!


We still decorated, as usual, but went for a smaller tree in a different location. A much more manageable size that doesn't require younger helpers--we'll probably do the same next year.  

Instead of the usual feast with lots of folks, it will be  just Claui, Justin, and Josie--and I know how lucky we are to have them.  Ethan and Aileen are staying safe in Georgia.


This little bear below (Barry Bear, according to Josie) seems to me to epitomize this Christmas. I found him shoved back behind a framed picture when I was putting lights on the living room bookcase. He'd been forgotten for years. Back when a dog (I don't even remember which one) brought him home in a chewed up condition. I started to try to mend him then abandoned the task. But something about that little bear wouldn't let me throw him out--instead I put him aside and forgot him. 

When I found him, this year of all years, it seemed important to give him another chance. I sewed up the rips in his fur and gave him new button eyes and a little scarf. Then, since I had them out, I gave him some more buttons. 

Like all of us, he's seen hard times. But he's happy to be here for another Christmas--and to have a little girl to protect him from dogs.


 

6 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

Hooray for Barry! Wishing you and your beautiful family a bkessed Christmas.,❤️❤️

Barbara Rogers said...

Happiest Christmas to you all! The snow has covered some of the bareness of the season. I'm grateful to be warm and able to see so much beauty in these mountains. Our lives have definitely taken a few sharp turns in paths we didn't anticipate this year. Sending your sweet family all best wishes.

Thérèse said...

This little bear is here to remind us that we always can enrich the life of someone around us even without knowing it. Josie is a witness.
Blessed and cheered Christmas day Vicki.

Anvilcloud said...

There's something sweet about you salvaging the stuffy.

katy gilmore said...

Another weeper - redemption! Merry Christmas to you too Josie!

Murray said...

It's been a long, strange trip.