Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Josie Makes Pumpkin Bread with a Secret


Look what I made! It is Pumpkin Bread with a Secret.


I stirred up the eggs and oil and vanilla and spices and pumpkin and apple sauce.(Meema made the applesauce. She boiled a cut up apple and when it was soft, I mashed it with a masher.)

Then I stirred in the flour and salt and baking soda and the secret, which I tasted first. We put the batter into two loaf pans and baked it a very long time. When it was finally done, I ate two slices and wanted more but Meema said not till after lunch.

While we were waiting, we played hide and seek. This is how you play. Meema covers her eyes and counts to ten but sometimes she is silly and counts like this: Apple, 16, Cow, X, Rhinocerous . . . and while she is counting I hurry around and find a place to hide. Then she says Ready or not, here I come, and she looks for me. When she finds me, we play again. Sometimes she wants to be the Hider but I say NO, the sign says grownups don't hide. So she counts silly again.

The secret in the pumpkin bread is chocolate chips.

Can you see where I am hiding? 


 

4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh I want some of that chocolate chip bread!...I didn't hear a word about any pumpkin going in it! Now I want to do a similar thing to banana bread. Mmm, just look what you all have started... Great way to count to 10.

Vicki Lane said...

Oops! Fixing that.

jennyfreckles said...

I can’t see her at all. 🤣 She’s a good hider.

Margaret said...

Cute post. I want some of that bread! It sounds delicious.