Saturday, December 12, 2020

A Deep Sigh of Relief


I was all set to write about the outrageous attempt perpetrated by Texas and a large number of Republican congresspersons to nullify votes in several states that went for Biden, but, praise be, the Supreme Court refused to hear the case. Between that and the promise of a Covid vaccine soon, I feel like we're getting our holiday gifts a little early. And none too soon in this dark time.


It's not over though while the factually challenged walk/drive among us and lunatics like Rush Limbaugh suggest that civil war might be imminent.  Even after Biden and Harris are sworn in, the previous Occupant will continue to foment unrest (and raise money) in any way he can. 

Still, it will be pleasant to have a decent human being in the Oval Office.


 

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I trust that is the end of the ridiculous court challenges? He should be charged with bringing frivolous suits although I don't know if such a thing exists.

Sandra Parshall said...

Giuliani says the court challenges will continue even after Biden takes office.As long as people donate money to keep it going,it will continue.

jennyfreckles said...

I must admit I was a little spooked yesterday when I read about this attempt. It permeated my dreams to the extent that I had armed myself with a gun! Like you, I'm relieved that sanity prevailed in the Supreme Court - but where is the sanity amongst the Republican leadership? They are criminals for egging him on.

Barbara Rogers said...

I too, was relieved to hear the Supremes rejected this suit. My poor delusional cousins still think he actually won. They've eaten the pie he sells. I used to feel they were just joking around, but now I see them as brain washed by the GOP cult...one of them in into Qanon. How did so much hateful energy manage to hood-wink so many Americans? It's definitely scary.