Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Good Reading from Western North Carolina

 

It's always nice to make a list of this sort-- especially when there are so many authors I admire--Ron Rash, Annette Saunook Clapsaddle,, and Leah Hampton, to mention just the first three on the list.

But what was really fun was to find myself sharing space with Renaea Winchester--a fine novelist I also admire and who was in my just-completed class where she was working on her second novel. 

Renea's Outbound Train features  strong women--a mother and daughter struggling with poverty (and the past) in 1970's western North Carolina. Renea's ties to the area (Bryson City) are obvious as she creates sympathetic and believable characters that will keep you turning the pages. 

For the full article and more recommendations, go HERE.



2 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Excellent reviews...and I shall be adding most of these to my list. It's good reading weather these days!

Thérèse said...

We will need an extra shelf for all the good reads I have discovered the past couple of days.