Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Christmas Elf


Our tradition is for the youngest (that's been Justin for a long time) to be the Christmas Elf and get the presents, one at a time, from under the tree and hand them to the designated recipient. This year, Josie was the elf. She had to have help reading the tags but she cheerfully did her job, even when she might have preferred to play with her new stuff.


Like the amazing No Drama Dolly Llama her Aunt Aileen crocheted.


Or her tool kit with a power drill that makes sounds.


I'm embarrassed to see how few pictures I took but between trying to keep a record of what gifts were from whom and trying to make sure the roast beast didn't get overdone and that the puff pastry mince tarts got assembled and cooked, well, I just failed as the photographer.


Things were quieter yesterday and I had to get a better picture of that llama. For those of you who were around last year, you may remember the HUGE pink octopus Aileen made. 


This year it was this gorgeous, cuddly llama and a beautiful red afghan--(as well as a cardigan for Claui of which I didn't get a picture.)


Our friend Louise, who is a skilled basket maker, working mostly in willow these days, gave us this beautiful basket. She said it was an experiment but I think it's a work of art. 


So many skilled makers! I love the story that came with the cozy blue afghan from our niece Amelia. She worked on it, she said, while sitting with her son Lucas and helping him focus on his second-grade Zoom classes. A multi-tasking pandemic mama, for sure!


And John surprised me with these handsome mugs and shopping bags, adorned with the Crows logo. Perfect!

I have it in mind to offer some of these in another drawing . . .
More later . . .




 

6 comments:

KarenB said...

The llama is amazing and that red afghan is absolutely gorgeous!

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautiful handicrafts! I love the llama!

Sandra Parshall said...

The llama, the afghan, the basket! So much talent! Josie is going to treasure the llama! Has she named it yet?

Vicki Lane said...

I don't think she has but judging by her usual choices it will probably be Llamie LLama.

jennyfreckles said...

So nice to get personalised hand made gifts - the red throw is gorgeous.

GPearson said...

WOW! I love the llama and the Afghan! Awesome gifts. 😊🎄