Friday, December 16, 2022

The Reverse Sunset


After a dreary day, the clouds lifted enough to give us a reverse sunset. We never see a sunset due to the mountain at our back but the reflected glory in the east is pretty nice too

It's been a busy day, making and addressing cards, wrapping presents, and doing a little cleaning and organizing--all the while listening to Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch. The reader is perfect, and the story has me hanging on every word. If it were a regular book, I'd be skimming to get to the end--so many unresolved questions-- but the audio is forcing me to hear it all, thank goodness. Beautiful prose and in a way, I wish that it would go on and on. It's 23 some hours--a real bargain for the price. 













 

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Reverse looks good.

Barbara Rogers said...

Two bargains...a reverse sunset and listening to a good book!

Marcia said...

Reverse sunset - never heard that description but it does fit what we get here too.
To me the Goldfinch was several books packaged as one. I liked the beginning story but not the later ones.

Boud said...

Tartt is brilliant! I read the book in print, reading slower and faster as the plot changed speed! I didn't know till later that the goldfinch is the symbol of the soul, though. That put a whole new level of meaning into it.