Wednesday, December 14, 2022

A Capture


 This photo--taken through a not-very-clean windshield makes me unreasonably happy.

I pass this particular spot every time I go to pick up Josie or into Marshall or beyond. For years I've noticed what a lovely scene it is and wished there were a place to pull over and take a picture. But there isn't. And it's just after a blind curve. And the road is such that the idea of parking farther away and walking to get the picture I want inevitably makes me think of a headline: WANDERING ELDERLY WOMAN STRUCK AND KILLED ON COUNTY ROAD.

But a few days ago, I'd been paying attention and was reasonably sure there were no cars behind me, so I stopped and grabbed this shot through the windshield. 

I don't know why I find this so appealing. Maybe it's the ways the trees lean over the water. And the white of the water beating on the rocks. And the indistinct barns in the distance.  The red-brown leaves on the right.

It's always beautiful to me. Now I'll have to capture it in the snow. And the spring, summer, and fall. 

Carefully, of course.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

It's a truly lovely scene, and I'm glad you captured it. It makes me think of a painting more than a photograph.

Marcia said...

YOur eyes have not betrayed you. It is a lovely spot for all those reasons.

Boud said...

I like being able to look through and into the distance. Yes, nice view. Proceed with caution!

Barbara Rogers said...

Ditto what others said. Do keep looking for opportunities in different seasons...carefully!

jennyfreckles said...

It's beautiful and I can quite see why it catches your eye. No scene is worth getting mown down for though, so your caution is to be commended.

Sandra Parshall said...

It is lovely and peaceful. I could happily sit on the bank of that stream for hours, letting it calm my spirit and erase all worries. I'm glad you were able to safely photograph it.

Anvilcloud said...

What a nice spot and shot. I have to wave at so many potential photos as I pass by.