Saturday, December 17, 2022

Barbie

                                                                                


The news that there is to be a Barbie movie meant nothing to me. I've always disliked Barbie, who came into being a few years after I'd quit playing with dolls. I never could understand the appeal of a doll that looks like a hooker, having always played with baby dolls or little girl dolls like Josie's Margot and Dolly. I would have loved the American Girl dolls if they'd been around. But that's just me. I know many women who retain fond memories of their Barbies. Josie has some Barbies (not from me) and loves playing with them.

But, when a trusted friend sent me a link to the trailer for the Barbie movie, I took a look. You should too.  It's HERE.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM1sV6z4SAk

3 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm also "post Barbie" having already grown past doll playing when she came out (or "pre Barbie maybe") - anyway, I had to have that awful sexy doll named after me. Flat chested at the time, me! Other than that trauma to get over from youth, I've not had her in my house ever, though grandchildren did have her. This movie should be a hoot, but I sure won't be watching it!

Sandra Parshall said...

That doesn't look like a children's movie. It looks like a horror movie.
I do like Mattel's line of great women dolls. There's one of my idol, Dr. Jane Goodall, complete with safari suit. When she was asked about it in an interview she seemed to struggle with an answer. But she finally said she approves of anything that tells girls they can achieve their dreams and become anything they want in life.

Alaine Lowell said...

This is why women have such outlandish concepts of beauty and body image. Like you, I never liked Barbie. I think it was lucky timing that I skipped Barbie.